About Charles Reading, M.S., L.Ac.
*Note: Currently on hiatus from office practice, focusing on the beautiful art of herbal medicine crafting! House call private acupuncture treatments may be available, for those in theBoulder County area. Please inquire via contact form, or call 858.349.4460. Thanks and be well. ~Charlie
Yes, this is Charles: LAc and Really Nice Guy!
Charles Reading is a Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of Colorado and California. He also holds national certification with the NCCAOM, as a Diplomat of Acupuncture. Charles completed his Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine at Southwest College of Acupuncture, in Boulder, CO. In addition to 3,000 hours of clinical and classroom training (the equivalent of 4 years of full time study, in eastern medicine with western pathology coursework), he regularly advances his knowledge through continuing study in Chinese Medicine theory, practice and herbology.
He began his studies of Chinese medicine in 1994, and became both California and nationally licensed in 2003. His training includes western medical pathology, including safe herb/drug interactions, as well as over 400 hours of professional massage training, encompassing Tui Na, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, and Circulatory, from IPSB, San Diego and Southwest Acupuncture College, Boulder.
Charles blends humor and keen insight, along with his professional knowledge, the results of which are effective healing and a rapport of trust and confidence with his patients. Gentle needling and powerful results are the cornerstone of his practice.
Even More Cool Stuff to know about working with Charles Reading (Feel free to call me Charlie):
- Over 20 years experience in holistic health and complimentary medicine.
- California licensed Acupuncturist, since 2003 (AC #9212).
- Licensed nationally with NCAAOM, since 2002 (21382).
- Colorado acupuncture license (1790).
- CPR and Clean Needle Technique Certified.
- Broad range of application experience, including massage training, Ayurveda and essential oils.
- Full spectrum of Oriental Medicine techniques: Acupuncture, Herbs, Moxibustion, Cupping/Gua Sha, Lifestyle Counseling.
- Exceptional and gentle needling with effective results, including clear treatment plan and timeline for patient's health goals.
- Experienced with new-to-acupuncture patients, those sensitive to needles and sensitive folks in general.
- Offers non-needle therapies, including ear and hand therapy Acu-seeds, Moxibustion, Acupressure & Tui Na massage.
- Strong understanding of Western medicine, including herb-drug interactions.
- Experienced with specialties, including Oncology patients (symptom relief), Pediatrics, Geriatrics and Sports Medicine.
- Comfortable speaking with physicians and medical practitioners of all styles; will work with your other providers, as needed.
- Patient Confidentiality is honored. Professional integrity is integral to my practice.
- General practice with a wide range of success stories, including: Pain management, sports medicine, fertility, smoking cessation, weight loss, post stroke, sciatica, anxiety/depression/insomnia, internal medicine including OB-GYN, digestive and neurological disorders. (And many more....most conditions treatable)
- Symptom management as well as root cause treatment, focusing on simultaneous relief and long-term health prospects.
- Successful in helping patients make lifestyle changes needed for long term success and well being.
- Knowledge of and referral to broad spectrum of alternative health therapies, when requested or indicated.
- Professional training: Massage & Bodywork, IPSB, San Diego; M.S.O.M, Southwest Acupuncture College, Boulder, CO.
"The Sage wears clothes of coarse cloth but carries jewels in his bosom; He knows himself but does not display himself; He loves himself but does not hold himself in high esteem."-Lao Tzu