Yes, an Epic Fail. These pictures were my attempt at taking cool shots of coffee dispensers (mmm coffee... see previous posts). And they are not that good. But next time I am at a coffee shop with my camera... I will try again! Some of life's biggest successes come after the Epic Fail... so what does this mean?? Go Big or Go Home, or maybe some other deep philosophical thing? Discuss with a friend or ponder by yourself over a cup of coffee, tea, or whatever your beverage choice may be.
Eating well does not have to be boring. It just takes a little creativity and a little time (and in this case someone else making it for me :) ) to make eating healthy delicious! This Home Made Father's Day French Toast has bananas, black berries, blue berries, pumpkin seeds, home made whipped cream, and organic maple syrup. And yes it was fabulous! This would go well with a hot cup of coffee (see previous posts) or a great cup of tea.
Take a little time for yourself and enjoy! Be Well.
Yes, I am talking about the four basic food groups! This trend started after I completed my first half-marathon. My training partner said she wanted to make breakfast after the race with all the four basic food groups to which I responded "Cool, Sugar, Fat, Caffeine, & Alcohol!" (we had bacon, eggs, pancakes, coffee, and tequila sunrises). Many years later during the introductions in my nutrition class, which quickly turned into a dietary confessional (dear father forgive me for I have eaten a doughnut last year during a moment of weakness....). People were claiming that they wished they would eat less of this and more of that... wanting to be vegetarian, vegan, raw, detoxed, or the ubiquitous "eat more healthy". I was tired of hearing people whine about the burden of having abundance of food choices by the time my turn came. When it was my turn, I said "I am an omnivore, happy to be on top of the food chain! My four basic food groups are (you guessed it) Sugar, Fat, Caffeine & Alcohol!" I received a round of applause for that. We live one of the most abundant times on this planet. I am grateful for all the choices I have. When a patient asks for advice on diet, I say eat as much real food as you can. The simpler the better. The least processed the better. The more local the better. Organic is better! Enjoy your food, enjoy your life! Eat well 90% and the other 10%..... Enjoy guilt free then get back to what is best for you!..... Food is not meant to be Dogmatic, it is meant to nourish, replenish and to be enjoyed! Here is a link to a "food" that contains all 4 of the basics....
Chocolate Bourbon Balls.
Welcome to Charlie's SAGE ADVICE BLOG!
Acupuncture, herbs, Chinese Medicine, Sage Herbal Remedies, practical tips, Timely and Timeless Wisdom, plus HUMOR (one of the greatest medicinal elixirs known to humanity). Information to help you take your Health into your own hands...
Charles Reading, L.Ac